Nukote Metal Prime II is a two component, 100% solids, liquid applied surface tolerant primer. This universal surface tolerant primer has been developed for use on carbon steel, non-ferrous metal, fibreglass, PVC pipe, as well as concrete and masonry. The Primer is suitable to be used with Potable water certified products.
Nukote Metal Prime II is suitable for Power tool prepared substrate to St 2 when environmental, economic or safety concerns restrict abrasive blast cleaning. The extraordinary penetrating properties of Metal Prime II provide exceptional means for reinforcing rusty steel substrates insuring adhesion of subsequent coatings. Improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the coating by penetrating and sealing crevices, joints, back-to-back angles of existing structures and edges of old coatings, improving the service life of the maintenance system. Also serves to seal aged “White Rusted” zinc surfaces for re-coating. Consult with NCS for special applications.
- 100% solids with no VOC
- Long pot life
- Very low viscosity
- Applies easily by brush, roll or spray
- Cures to a tough, water resistant coating
- Penetrates surface rust, crevices, and back-to-back angles
- Penetrates pores/small cracks in masonry and concrete
- Formulated without lead, chromate or mercury components
- Reinforces rusty steel, masonry and aged “White Rusted” zinc surfaces.
- No shrinkage.
- Carbon steel
- Galvanized Steel
- Concrete and Masonry